About Me

My photo
tennessee, United States
I am a wife and a preacherswife and mother of 4 and I love my family. We moved back to my hometown with my family and I am loving my life. I love writing, art...painting, creating something new from something old and I love God. I really want people to lighten up and realize that God does love us and He cares what happens to us. Faith is the word!He has got it all under control. Sometimes He whispers and sometimes he yells, I am just trying to learn what I need to after the whisper!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Real Life

While watching one of my all time favorite television shows, Mad Men; I was reminded 0f how lucky I am to have had my children in the time of the world that I did and not in the 50's-60's. One of the characters was having her third child and it was all too horrific the way that the medical field treated the whole situation. First of all, the fathers were basically finished when they brought the wife to the hospital..."run along now your part is over!" Reason number 17 why our husbands have always seemed not to have a clue on what it's all about! They didn't let them know what they were missing. How sad this is and how sad for all those men who have come before that were not even allowed to experience this amazing part of life...from the start. Then that gets me thinking how amazing that the gift of life is and that we women are trusted to bring them into this world and how it is even possible. I was reading a blog the other day and a person asked someone to explain God to them...well good luck with that. It is hard for me to even understand the concept of how the television works much less have the words to explain God! How silly to even ask the question I thought. Duh! But of course as it always happens to me I am immediately reminded of the fact that ...but there for the grace of God go I! Not very many short years ago I was in the same boat. With no idea of who HE really was and how do I ever understand. This fact has been brought home to me as of late because there are some kids that my son knows who have coming to church with us and it is amazing how much they don't know about God. No bible stories or any of the usual "christian terms" we use. It has been a stark reminder of the world we live in and that we have such a field waiting for us all; to plow and sow seeds and to till (spelling?) and to harvest. We have such an opportunity to be salt and light in the world. Okay I regress! Back to childbirth...I can't imagine anyone having a child and not having the reality that there is a God, smacking you right in the face. When it happened to me it was outrageously profound. How in the world did that nearly ten pound person grow inside little ol' me? It is more than my mind can even contain, as with how a television works; you can say the words and all I hear is ...Charlie Brown's teacher talkin'! It just as well be greek. And really somethings I just don't need to know and sadly I think that is how all the men folk were treated way back when. I wonder if we took a poll would the men of the 21st century want to go back to the way it was back then........they are smart enough nowadays not to answer the question! See men can learn and evolve! Our men are on most days enduring and patient and when we push them to their limit they are usually smart enough to just keep on walkin'; give us some time and comeback and say those sweet words we love to hear......"I'll wash the dishes, dear!" Oh I am sorry I must have been thinking about the 5o"s again! Back to real life.

No comments: