About Me

My photo
tennessee, United States
I am a wife and a preacherswife and mother of 4 and I love my family. We moved back to my hometown with my family and I am loving my life. I love writing, art...painting, creating something new from something old and I love God. I really want people to lighten up and realize that God does love us and He cares what happens to us. Faith is the word!He has got it all under control. Sometimes He whispers and sometimes he yells, I am just trying to learn what I need to after the whisper!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Reflection

When a person gets to a certain age it becomes apparent that the days are shorter and the time that we had which seemed so abundant is now only fleeting memories. My son is so looking forward to summer vacation. The clock couldn't tick any faster for him..he is so ready to be out of middle school and move on the High School. Okay I must stop there for a minute. WHAT!!! High School already...case in point! He is the age that my oldest son was when he was born....good grief! Geeez....I can't even talk about it with out getting misty eyed. The hard thing for me is that these days of reflection seem to be coming upon me more and more. I can hardly get through one day without reminiscing about the life I have had in the past thirty years...WHAT! 30 years!!! Oh my goodness...I have been with my husband for 30 yrs and well where did the time go? WOW! I mean I can remember so well all those times then...seriously...the beautiful blond hair and blue eyes with cute freckles on his nose that instantly made me take a second look at him. It is a fact that Hubble Gardner had nothing on him...this man of mine. I knew he was the ONE! We were on our way and a few years later we were blessed with a beautiful, blond, blue eyed baby boy...twenty seven years ago...WHAT!!! 27 years...I am about to give myself a heart attack! Later we had three more to follow, each one just as special as the first, just a beautiful. And then I realize we have four! Yowza! These have been good times, mostly and when it was hard or is hard it is my memories and my reflections back that keep me going. I don't believe in looking back..turning into a pillar of salt is not my idea of a good time! Reflection is a good thing, it allows me to take stock of where I have been and what I value the most. I am able to adjust and give thanks to the one who has kept us all from harm. He is a good God, He has allowed us to walk this path with Him alongside us. He has given us the strength, He has carried us when we couldn't go another step. Even so today I feel Him holding me up, encouraging me and standing with me in the gap, as I interceded for my family and my friends. This life can be interesting to say the least. I never know each day what twist or turn will come. All I do know is that I know who to turn to and that it is His comfort that keeps me, His abiding love that catches my tears and surrounds me like a warm blanket. Just the way I do as I mother these babies of mine. I have had a good teacher.

1 comment:

Favorite One said...

What a way with words! I REALLY enjoyed this blog.

As a mother of a 31 year old (step-son), 26 year old (daughter) AND a SIX year old (daughter) of my own + SIX GRANDCHILDREN - I often have opportunities to reflect. I am joyous in the fact that I get to do it again + enjoy grandchildren. They all help create such wonderful memories & lessons.

The best part for me is that one of my grandchildren got saved in my house - at the supper table! And, then to top it off - my sweet 6 year old - truly sent from God - said as we were tucking her in with prayers - "Momma, I just want you to know that even when I'm old - I'm going to be a Christian!"

Now, that's something to reflect on!